We have selected following applicants for the course on ‘How to Engage in Broadband Policy and Regulatory Processes’ course to be organized by LIRNEasia and Internet Society Nepal (with support from Ford Foundation).
1. Amrita Khakurel, Nepal Telecom
2. Ayush Man Tamrakar, Janaki Technology
3. Bimal Pratap Shah, Local Development Training Academy
4. Bishwajeet Tiwari, Information and Human Rights Research Centre (Nepalgunj)
5. Chandika Mainali, Antenna Foundation Nepal
6. Dibas Neupane, Sambad Technologies Private Limited
7. Dinesh Kumar Thapaliya, Kayakairan Daily (Chitwan)
8. Indra Dhoj Kshetri, United Nations Development Program
9. Kriti Bhuju, Republica Daily
10. Pabitra Raut, Nepal Law Campus
11. Prabin Subedi , Paramount Legal Advisory Services
12. Prakat Kumar Shishir, Nagarik Daily
13. Raju Shrestha, Nepal Rural Development Society Centre (Biratnagar)
14. Ram Chandra Poudel, Digital Society Research and Development (Pokhara)
15. Ramesh Shrestha, The Himalayan Times
16. Rewoti Ram Pantha, Nepal Telecommunications Authority
17. Roja Kiran Basukala, Nepal Telecommunications Authority
18. Roshan Pokharel, Center for Law Technology
19. Samiksha Koirala, University of Oslo
20. Saroj Shakya, Nepal Police
21. Shreedeep Rayamajhi, Rayznews
22. Sudeep K.C., National Information Technology Center (NITC)
23. Suman Lal Pradhan, Websurfer Nepal Communication System Pvt Ltd
24. Sushmita Dawadi, Radio Nepal
25. Ujjwal Acharya, Center for Media Research – Nepal
Please confirm your participation (Who are selected) by 5 PM local time of 27 February 2015. In addition to your personal commitment to the program, you must obtain approval from the individual that you directly report to at your place of employment, and copy him or her on your confirmation email response. This individual and you need to understand that by your agreement to participate in the training program, you are obligated to follow through on that commitment by attending the training program. Failure on confirmation of participation within the stipulated time, it would be considered the seat vacant and filled from alternative awardee, automatically.
The actual trainings run from 28 March to 31st March 2015 at Hotel Club Himalaya, Nagarkot. However, you require joining the team before departure to Nagarkot on 27 March itself and no up and down is expected from the venue to their one place. Time, venue and other details on how to reach to the venue will be published shortly.
Shortly after you provide your confirmation email back to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org [Copying all three emails is mandatory] you will receive an email from the organizer who will work with you to create your draft travel itinerary (applies for outstation participants only) and other arrangements.
If you have any additional questions and/or comments please contact us at email@example.com and or call at +977-1-4245841or +977-1-4243071. Alternatively, you also can call on Mobile: +977-9851048401 [Babu Ram Aryal], +977-9851000044[Bikram Shrestha] +977-9851096745 [Santosh Sigdel]. You can also visit office of the Internet Society Nepal [Local Partner] from 10 AM to 5 PM.
We also like to thank all the applicants who applied for the course and expressed their faith on us. We had received three fold numbers of applications from individuals around the country the the available seats, making the program highly competitive. The decision was very difficult. We were not able to select all the applicants because of the size and strength of the pool of applications. In reviewing the applications, the selection committee took into consideration the qualification criteria, the overall goals of the program, gender perspective, and a desire to provide opportunities to individuals across a broad geographical and occupational spectrum.
Thank you again for your interest in the course. Lookinf forward to exciting meeting in Nagarkot.